Internship and Graduation
Elligibility for Internship
Students who are planning to enroll in Internship course should meet with their advisors. Students should:
- have completed at least 24 credit hours of SFTY courses.
- maintain an Indiana State University GPA of 2.5 or higher in departmental SFTY courses.
- maintain no less than a C- grade in departmental SFTY courses.
- complete an internship application.
- complete the required paperwork for Career Center
Elligibility for Graduation
Applicants for graduation must complete all University graduation requirements stated elsewhere in the Catalog. Safety management candidates for graduation must:
- have a minimal ISU cumulative GPA of 2.25.
- have a minimum Indiana State University GPA of 2.5 in all SFTY courses. At least 24 semester hours of the major must be completed at Indiana State University.
- receive no less than a grade of “C-” in each SFTY course.
- satisfactorily complete supervised safety management internship experience. (SFTY 492.
Accelerated Master’s Degree (4+1) Option:
If a student wishes to apply for Accelerated Master’s program, he/she should have a GPA of 3.0 or better and 96 credits completed by the end of his/her junior year. The student must meet with his/her advisor to discuss the process.