Program Educational Objective: The BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) program prepares graduates with knowledge, problem solving ability, and hands-on skills to enter careers in the design, installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, technical sales, maintenance, or management of mechanical and related systems and processes. These graduates can:
- Apply disciplinary reasoning, critical thinking, and hands-on skills to identify, analyze and solve problems. (Technology).
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form to articulate technical knowledge, ideas, and proposals (Communication)
- Consider professional, ethical and social responsibility of engineering technology practices. (Global Responsibility).
- Perform effectively, think independently and work collaboratively in a team environment in a membership or leadership role (Management &/or Teamwork).
- Actively participate in professional development, including continuous self-improvement and lifelong learning (Lifelong Learning).