Program Educational Objective: The BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) program prepares graduates with knowledge, problem solving ability, and hands-on skills to enter careers in the design, installation, manufacturing, testing, evaluation, technical sales, maintenance, or management of mechanical and related systems and processes. These graduates can:
1. Apply the latest technology and engineering tools to solve technical problems in the practice of mechanical engineering technology and related interdisciplinary fields.
2. Remain technically current and adapt to rapidly changing technologies through self improvement with continuous learning or post-graduate education.
3. Demonstrate independent thinking, self-management, and functioning effectively in team-oriented and open-ended activities in an industrial environment.
4. Communicate effectively in oral, written, and graphical forms.
5. Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
6. Develop leadership skills and responsibility in their chosen career field.
7. Understand global issues and the impact of technology and engineering solutions on the society and environment.