ISU is committed to helping students graduate on time. ISU students use the degree audit and other tools provided in MySAM to track their progress towards graduation.
All undergraduate degree-seeking students can access their degree audits online at any time. A degree audit is a record of degree requirements, including courses needed for the program of study (for example, major, minor) and Foundational Studies (general education) as well as University requirements such as grades, grade point average, credit hours earned, and transfer courses accepted. The audit displays the student’s progress toward meeting each requirement and shows how ISU and transfer courses fulfill degree requirements.
Undergraduates can follow these instructions for using MySAM.
These tools are used primarily for academic advising, course scheduling, and certification for graduation. While efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the degree audits and plans of study, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure s/he meets all degree requirements. The only official documentation of a student’s academic record is an official transcript.
MySAM is a suite of tools that includes a plan of study, advising notes, and GPA calculators in addition to the degree audit. These tools promote academic success and four-year graduation.
Overview of MySAM Tools
- Degree Audit: The degree audit shows academic requirements, grades, GPA, and course history (unofficial transcript). It also shows how completed or transferred courses fulfill degree requirements.
- Plan of Study: A student’s plan of study is a term-by-term recommended sequence of courses. Students who follow the plan and successfully complete their coursework can expect to graduate in four years.
- GPA Calculators: There are three types of GPA calculators to help students assess their expected and desired grade point average.
- Notes: Advisors can leave recommendations, suggestions, and other advice in the notes section of the student’s degree audit and/or plan of study.
To access MySAM and see your individualized degree audit and/or plan of study:
- Go to https://isuportal.indstate.edu and use your University ID and password to log in to the portal.
- Select the “Student Self-Service” badge.
- On the bottom left, under the “My Degree Program” section, select “MySAM – My Student Academic Map
For more information, visit www.indstate.edu/registrar/mysam